Thursday, January 29, 2009

I often wonder why the hell Americans care about the "Super-Bowl". For one weekend out of the year folks pretend like they like football and care about a certain team, this is especially funny in the gay community.
I admit I do like the commercials but that's about it, and I love football! I played football, however I never understand the mass hysteria that surrounds the event. And going to a gay bar to watch the game is hilarious. Men cruising men pretending to be engrossed in the game onscreen when the real action is taking place on the bar patio.
The butch bears all have their jerseys of their favorite team, and even the queens try and get into the spirit in their own campy way. To watch these folks attempt to make sports talk is like watching Paris Hilton answer questions about how to run a hotel.
Listen, we know you're gay! We know you just want to see my dick...I don't need to pretend I like "the big game"...this is why we come out of the closet, so we don't have to deal with these situations!
This is why I love my husband, the man can find something to love about even the most mundane events. His cheers are infectious, and make even a cynic like me smile and get into the mood. I am hoping I at least get to use some good ole fashioned sports cliches like "scoring a touchdown" but of course meaning the sexual version rather than the sports analogy.
And now I must get back to watching "Hells Kitchen", a full-contact sport I can relate to! Stay tuned for my post-Super-Bowl wrap up!

No comments:

Post a Comment