Sunday, January 18, 2009

Family Trauma with guest star Peaches Christ and Elvira!



At some point I realized that my husbands parents would destroy me, I did not think it would be so soon!
Yesterday we all had a family meeting....yes it IS as uncomfortable as it sounds! The pow wow was to discuss the pesky problem of them not paying any bills...ever. You see they live with us...YAY!!
Kevin's mother is Nancy Grace merged with the mom from "Everybody Loves Raymond", she is what the darkness fears. And the minute we sat down to talk it became clear that I was simply chum in the water and she was "Jaws".
What started out as a money issues soon turned into "lets find all of Brad's flaws and use his self-esteem as a bounce house."
As usual, when talking to them I feel like everyone is drinking crazy juice. Even Kevin decided he would turn into a Borg and be assimilated by his mother the Borg Queen.
So after a very non-productive meeting all that was pointed out was how much I have fucked up and how unsuccessful I am. FUN!!!!!!!!
Thank GOD for my friend Michael who rescued me and took me on a day of fun and adventure. We traveled all over the Valley to find more of my precious DC figures, and ended the night with the midnight showing of "Elvira, Mistress of the Dark." Drag Queen Scream Queen Supreme Peaches Christ held a 20th anniversary party for the film and even Elvira herself was in attendance!
It was just the right amount of controlled insanity that helped me remember that I am a fun person who is much more than my relationship. Sometimes I get so tied into family life that I forget that I used to be a real boy!
So thank you to:
Elvira
Peaches Christ
Pee-Wee Herman
RuPaul
for all the love and midnight madness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment